Tips for Home Sellers
Selling your home? Here are some tips to help you prepare your house for the Market!
Make sure your house has curb appeal.
- Remove any debris, trim plants, bushes, and shrubs.
- Power-wash your driveway, front porch and siding.
- Consider giving your front door and shutters a new coat of paint.
Keep the inside of your house clean and tidy.
- Remove any trace of pets—fur, food bowls, litter boxes, etc.
- Clean any carpet stains.
- Dust your furniture.
- De-clutter your home—make sure everything has a place. Put items in storage if necessary.
Kitchens and bathrooms sell homes—make sure yours are immaculate.
- Even if you don’t have new appliances, you can make a good impression by deep-cleaning your kitchen and bathrooms.
- Make sure your counters are clean and de-cluttered.
- New cabinet hardware is an inexpensive update that can have a big impact.
- Clean your appliances and organize your fridge and pantry.
If you can afford to paint even one room in your house, do it!
- Start with any rooms that are painted a bright, non-neutral color.
- A fresh coat of paint in a neutral beige or gray can really make an impact and make your house feel more “move-in ready” to potential buyers.
There are a lot of simple and inexpensive updates you can make to your house to get it market-ready.