Giving Back During the Holiday Season
At FBFC, we believe that the holidays are about giving AND giving back!
Here are 10 great and easy ways that you can give back during the upcoming season.
- Donate your time. Time is invaluable and volunteers are an appreciated resource for a non-profit organization (many of which look for extra help around the holidays).
- Donate gently used clothing.
- Donate canned food. Buy a few extra cans of soup. Nonperishable food drives are happening everywhere during the holidays. It costs you just a few dollars, but means so much to someone receiving them.
- Pay it forward. Buying a coffee while shopping for all of those holiday gifts? Pay for the coffee for the person behind you.
- Support the troops. Send holiday cards or care packages to those who are away from their family and friends during the holiday season. Some great ideas for care packages are listed here.
- Visit a nursing home: During the holidays, senior citizens may experience loneliness. A good way to give back to the community is to visit senior citizens in your community. If you are heading to a nursing home, FBFC will provide you a pack of FBFC playing cards to bring with you and to leave for those at the senior center. Visit www.fbfcwi.com/playingcards to get your pack of playing cards.
- Shop with organizations that give back!
- Give blood. Giving blood costs you nothing, generally takes less than an hour, and could save a life. Click here to see where the American Red Cross will be and schedule an appointment!
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter. Are you an animal lover? Make a new fur friend at the local animal shelter by volunteering to be a dog walker.
- Participate in FBFC Holiday Wrapping! FBFC offers holiday wrapping for $1 per gift at our branches during the holiday season, with all proceeds going to local nonprofit organizations. You bring in your holiday gifts, and we wrap them for you (talk about a win – win)!
You Might Also Like: